Saxophone Forum

by joe812119
(18 posts)
14 years ago

BERG LARSEN MOUTHPIECE

Hello im looking for a little information. i recently got a hold of a berg larsen stainless steel mouthpiece, i believe it is a duck bill style, stamped on it is 85 #2 M, I couldnt believe what a great sound i was getting. ive always used a otto link 7*, hard rubber but when i researched the berg larsen, it seems that this is an alto mouthpiece, I play tenor and the sax this came off was also a tenor. does anyone know if this is a tenor mouthpiece thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by newreedsyndrome
    (343 posts)

14 years ago

Re: BERG LARSEN MOUTHPIECE

if you played on it and got a great sound, how can you not know what voice of saxophone it is meant for? What did you play it on?

Reply To Post

1. by joe812119
      (18 posts)

14 years ago

i played it on a friends martin tenor, but when i looked up the mouthpieces online it showed it as an alto mouthpiece

Reply To Post

2. by peter090
    (155 posts)

14 years ago

The numbers don't have anything to do with whether it is an alto or tenor piece. 85 is the tip opening #2 specifies baffle height and M is the facing length. Assuming the piece hasn't been modified compared to your link this has a smaller tip opening and a smaller chamber. Off the top of my head I can't tell you how similar/different the facing length and baffle are but a Berg 2 is has a pretty modest baffle which closer to the links rollover baffle than a Berg #0 or #1.

Reply To Post

1. by joe812119
      (18 posts)

14 years ago

thank -you

Reply To Post