Saxophone Forum

by Ericl
(1 post)
14 years ago

Selmer 1244

Its been 2 decades since I have been shopping for a saxophone. While in a music store discussing a horn for my son the sales rep brought out a Selmer 1244 USA which they have had for 11 years and it had never sold. They wanted 1299.00 for it. Yes, its 11 yrs old but it had never been played and was perfect. This a decent price for this horn? Is this a decent sax for a student?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Aisaka Taiga
    (1 post)

5 years ago

Re: Selmer 1244

I feel that is a little too expensive for 11 years old Sax. I have recently got a Tenor and Started playing it a few weeks ago after 3 or so years on the Bb clarinet. The USA Selmer 1244 seems to have a really vibrant and nice tone to it. But I really can't say how much since mine is used and got it for 450.00 as mine is a bit older than 11 years and used. I would say having a new good condition Selmer USA is good but 1299.00 is a bit pricey for me. I would recomend to try and get the price down a little. but I have a suggestion, although Selmer USA is a good brand and I REALLy recommend it for your son and everyone.  But if your son would want to carry on sax in the future and want to have a more professional level one, I would Keep your head out for Selmer Paris. Which are  better brand of Saxes and are Pro. As I said before though, Selmer USA 1244 is a great brand for your son, and it has really good tone quality and pitch. I couldnt compliment it more!! Just try to bring down the price if you can and you can get a really good deal for it! I hope everything works out qith you and your son!! :)
    With regards,
    Aisaka 

Reply To Post

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
      (644 posts)

5 years ago

Re: Selmer 1244

Since the post is 8 years old and the sax would now be 19 years old, and the the kid is now out of college and probably a doctor and not a sax player, its a mute point.

Reply To Post