Saxophone Forum

by Spike
(248 posts)
20 years ago

Weird marching dialogue

okay, we all know marching is crazy and weird stuff goes on there. what's your favorite term(WMD) i like "Park 'n Blow"

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by straightj23
    (103 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Weird marching dialogue

Dress it, Roll step, Flank, Park n Play, Pose, Follow the Leader, Blitz, Forward Press, and Lean are some of ours in our band. Some of them are special moves we have.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by Spike
    (248 posts)

20 years ago

I just noticed this is in jazz..... i definately meant to put it in high school... yeah whoops

Reply To Post

1. by saxgrobie
      (86 posts)

20 years ago

I know exactly what you're talking about. There's 'turn and go' and 'follow the leader' and 'dress the line'. My favorite would be 'horn flash'. *giggle* Its great when you are talking to a nonband friend about it and you say stuff like that and get weird looks. They get totally lost. haha

Reply To Post AIM

3. by anthonypaul
    (3 posts)

20 years ago

Ok I got some: 1."Park and Bark" 2."Float the Boat" #. Squeeze the Grape"(can any one guess what this means?, its actually kind of gross)

Reply To Post

1. by Spike
      (248 posts)

20 years ago

wow... i need to know

Reply To Post

2. by Spunky2sax75
      (75 posts)

20 years ago

I KNOW IT!! Thats when they tell you to pretend to squeeze a grape between your butt cheeks to keep your posture good. I always heard squeeze the marble, but i figured that meant the same.

Reply To Post

4. by ozzy2212ozzy
    (6 posts)

20 years ago

well this year we have sum that are a lil odd: 1: .... Hair! 2: Stretch it out like (we insert a danceline member name here) 3: Stop the peguin! 4: MOVE YOUR ....!!! 5: Superman 6: Squigle the superman 7: Swirl the buns some of these are unigue to our drill this year, lol

Reply To Post

1. by saxgrobie
      (86 posts)

20 years ago

Guess for the penguin one . . . Does it have anything to do with a plume? We've said it before about our plumes . . . The joke we do with all the freshmen is "Hey, you're plume is on backwards." (It really doesn't matter if its on a certain way.) They freak out and feel the plumes. Its funny. Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by ozzy2212ozzy
        (6 posts)

20 years ago

no, that one is unique to our drill, we have set that one of my tbone players said looked like a peguin, so it kinda came from that, lol, that plume thing is really funny, im gonna do that this friday, well next friday, due to hurricane Ivan, our state hs sports asso. canceled all games this week, and the bandmasters asso. canceled our comp, so ill have to wait til next week!

Reply To Post

1. by saxgrobie
          (86 posts)

20 years ago

Oh, I get it. Yeah this kid in the sax section broke his hat, so the plume didn't really stay in place. He's not the best marcher anyway, he kind of waddles. Yeah, so when he marched, it flopped all around and he looked a heck of a lot like a penguin. And we wore our full uniforms Friday at the Fball game. (85 degree weather, with wool uniforms. Yuck.) I picked the most gullible freshmen and told him his plume was backwards. He was actually TOO gullible. He didn't get the joke until half an hour later. haha, I laughed my head off though! I actually got to "Park and blow" yesterday at an all day Saturday practice. We were learning drill for "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" and I don't actually move for 5 whole pages. Its great being one of those "crucial endpoints" because people have to guide off you, so you are never wrong. Good shtuff. Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

2. by Tenor Man
          (8 posts)

18 years ago

This year we got a lot of marching on your balls of you feet . But sometimes people would slip andjust say march on your balls

Reply To Post AIM