Saxophone Forum

by saxman77
(2 posts)
13 years ago

Tenor saxophone

Hey guys. I play tenor saxophone in my high school combo, and I recently played a version of Cannonball Adderley's "Poor Butterfly" in a concert. I was wondering if you have any feedback - good or bad - for me. I'm just looking for ways to get better. Here is the link to the performance - its pretty quick, I just wanna hear anything you have to say www.youtube.com/watch?v=sew9UmMyEBs

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

13 years ago

Re: Tenor saxophone

Sounds good for a high school combo. It always amazes me how that jazz is still being played in a 2010 high school band concert. I have spent a lifetime learning to play jazz. I have played jazz for the last 50 years. It has been a very important part of my life. When I see young people playing this music I wonder how come there are so few opportunities for professional jazz players. I would think, with this interest, there would be more jazz fans paying musicians to play. If I were you I would go to medical school and just play for fun. That's probably what you are going to do anyway. It was a fun listen.........Thanks!!..........Kelsey
    Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM