Saxophone Forum

by karebear1012
(395 posts)
20 years ago

Music Camps

hey! does anyone know any really good summer music camps on the east coast that I could go to? I really like jazz (classical is kewl too though), i'm a freshman in high school, and I play the alto sax and the trumpet. Somewhere in New England would be great! Thanks, Kara

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by karebear1012
    (395 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Music Camps

any ideas???

Reply To Post

1. by Spunky2sax75
      (75 posts)

20 years ago

Theres a camp in Northeastern Pennsylvania that is really good. They have people from England who come to it, thats how good it is. You have to be pretty good to get in, but that shouldn't be too big of a problem. Its called Performing Arts Institute, and its held at Wyoming Seminary. One of my best friends went there the last two years and said it is amazing. I went to some of their concerts this year, and it is truely incredible, definitely something to look into. Heres the website. www.wyomingseminary.org/pai/music.htm

Reply To Post

1. by Spike
        (248 posts)

20 years ago

if you want to drive a little, there's an awesome jazz camp here at uni www.uni.edu/music/frames/Uniframes.html

Reply To Post

1. by barimachine
          (323 posts)

20 years ago

you can try local stuff actual our local camp had some kids from all over even one from california... damn but eastman is good too thats where im gonna go next year for camp my friend went this year

Reply To Post