Saxophone Forum

by moxx341
(5 posts)
20 years ago

I NEED A BARI!!!! HELP ME!!!

Im a student playing at a high level and i LOVE jazz. But i cant find a bari to get for a reasonable price. I also march and i need a bari that can hold out on marching. PLZ HELP ME!!!!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by moxx341
    (5 posts)

20 years ago

Re: I NEED A BARI!!!! HELP ME!!!

O, I forgot to mention that im playing a school bari right now---- A yamaha ybs52 and i dont really like it....... maybe i just want the looks of a new sax....... wut type of new bari should i get?

Reply To Post

1. by barimachine
      (323 posts)

20 years ago

i liked the yani 901s but i just saved up and got a series II so... yea but look at the 901 there cheaper

Reply To Post

2. by johnsonfromwisconsin
    (767 posts)

20 years ago

------------------------------------------------- But i cant find a bari to get for a reasonable price. ------------------------------------------------- What would you consider a reasonable price?

Reply To Post

1. by moxx341
      (5 posts)

20 years ago

well.... i would consider something not too overly priced. So maybe in the $2500-$4000 range.

Reply To Post

2. by johnsonfromwisconsin
      (767 posts)

20 years ago

$2500-4000 is quite a lot to work with, unless you're trying to purchase one of the big 4's baritones brand-new. at $4000, you could score a used premium quality horn. If I had that amount of money to spend on a Bari, I'd bypass Ebay and look on this site's horn section, www.cybersax.com, www.worldwidesax.com, www.junkdude.com, www.vintagesax.com, or www.usahorn.com. This site is selling a NEW Yanagisawa 901 baritone for $3600 www.saxquest.com/catalog.asp?Category=Modern%20saxes

Reply To Post

3. by mega band geek
    (60 posts)

20 years ago

Ever chech e-bay? Yes, there are a lot of crap horns on ebay, but the are a few good deals to snag.

Reply To Post AIM

1. by moxx341
      (5 posts)

20 years ago

Thx alot guys i think ill take a look at the yani 901. Again thx alot.

Reply To Post

1. by YanagisawA-901
        (312 posts)

20 years ago

the kielwerth st-90 is a nice bari..my friend that graduated last year kicked major ass on that horn..he played prelude to a kiss on that and had everyone at every concert we played on their feet. dont be discouraged cuz its the "student" version...its absolutely awesome, it even has some flower engravings on it, haha if that matters... check price tho, i donno

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ