Saxophone Forum

by jazzcat522
(21 posts)
13 years ago

what ligature do you use for jjdv alto?

just wanted to know what ligature you guys use for jjdv alto. I'm using the one mine came with. Which is a rovner dark. I guess it works ok, but i want to try another ligature; i just haven't one that would fit it. i was looking into these: any thoughts any body. www.theowanne.com/Acc-Ligatures.php www.francois-louis.com/ultimate.html#chap1 Any suggestion on other ligs are also appreaciated

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

13 years ago

Re: what ligature do you use for jjdv alto?

My Jody Jazz DV tenor mouthpiece came with the Jody ligature. It's like a ring. I have other ligatures that work but I really like the Jody?? The rovner, as you must know, is too stuffy for the DV..................Kelsey
    Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by jazzcat522
      (21 posts)

13 years ago

Yes! very stuffy. That is why I am on the search for another ligature to compliment my jjdv. I've been curious to know how the ring ligature reacts on the mouthpiece. I am also worried that the ring ligature could scratch the mouthpiece. However, the important thing is sound. How would you say it reacts in contrast to the rovner dark lig? out of curiosity what other ligs fit the jjdv? Thanks!

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
        (930 posts)

13 years ago

I've got a Dukoff lig that came with a Dukoff piece, I have a rovner that came with a Guardala piece, I have several others including a ultimate. For the DV, the regular Jody ring works best for me. I like the tenor mouthpiece so much I want to get one for my alto. The only trouble with them is the price!!......Kelsey
        Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM