Saxophone Forum

by Altonian11
(39 posts)
13 years ago

Mouthpiece Cleaning

I really try to keep my mouthpiece away from any cleaning products of any kind and just stick to cold water since it's hard rubber, but I've got some stubborn spit marks that i need to get rid of and my cleaner isn't working. Any suggestions?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxmel
    (4 posts)

13 years ago

Re: Mouthpiece Cleaning

Yes,I have! Use Smoking Pipe cream/cleaner! They are normally available from any good Tobacconist~it is cheap too!

Reply To Post

1. by Altonian11
      (39 posts)

13 years ago

Well if it were legal for me to enter any tobacco store I would certainly take advantage! Do gas stations (and the like) also sell the product?

Reply To Post

1. by Saxmel
        (4 posts)

13 years ago

Surely you have someone whom can go in for you,or even ebay,it's called stem polish-ebay 220354481791 as an example or type it into Google.I use Savinelli which is a good brand,it should cost you around $5.00.by the way,I am in the UK so do not know about your laws,it should not be too difficult for you to purchase :)

Reply To Post

1. by chalazon
          (547 posts)

13 years ago

try a paste of baking soda and a tooth brush..should work.

Reply To Post

2. by [email protected]
          (7 posts)

12 years ago

Good topic, great question. Here is a site which includes tons of links to extensive readings on this. --- www.ebay.com/itm/250939259693?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 ---Called "Your Sax Shop" really worked for me. It also features a fantastic product centering around woodwind repair and "Making Your Own Repair Tools". It's a simple process . Must have for those on a budget in saxophone repair. This is for you. Professional instructions explain in detail how to "Make and Use" this huge array of tools for woodwind repair. Tools you can create are tone hole files 20 sizes, pip buffer, swedging pliers, post swedger, pad spatulas, pad slicks, pad iron, key cup benders, magnetic dent removal, spring adjusters, leak lights, corks and felts, shop set up, cleaning, polishing. Including Links to 75 learning sites. If you have trouble locating it "You can also search Ebay for "Your Sax Shop" or Saxophone Repair Tools". or email me for the latest site location. This an amazing product to kick off your home shop . Let me know if this was helpful. [email protected] . Check it out: www.ebay.com/itm/250939259693?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 Or See an image here; i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l639/tomdroessler/12ASDFASDF12main.jpg

Reply To Post