Saxophone Forum

by Spike
(248 posts)
20 years ago

I'm a big loser???

Well, not really. But I come on here pretty often(okay, often) despite the fact that i'm a music student so if i want to talk sax, i don't eve have to leave my room. so why do you guys post on here? It's just a community i've grown a part of i s'pose.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by chiamac
    (586 posts)

20 years ago

Re: I'm a big loser???

"so why do you guys post on here? " It's something to do.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by Spike
      (248 posts)

20 years ago

wow. i clicked post, went to the bathroom, came back and clicked "see your post" and there you were. nice job, loser(just kidding^_^ on the square, hehe. who else knows that term?)

Reply To Post

1. by barimachine
        (323 posts)

20 years ago

i was once like you but this place is often very dead... i usaully come on 2wice a day or so ....ok sometimes alot

Reply To Post

1. by SelmerParisPassion
          (59 posts)

20 years ago

Yes you are a big loser! heh, j/k. I don't even get the joke. I like the site. It's active enough. You just don't have tons of the surplus 10 retards per every knowledgable person like most sites posting junk everywhere.... normally... :) Christie J

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

2. by sax_maniac
          (984 posts)

20 years ago

I like it here as I get to learn a few things while I can share a few things at the same time. The internet is filled with a lot of "knowledge sausage" (you know what sausage is made of, right?), but over time, a person of reasonable intelligence can sort out what and who's worth listening to. The occasional "nerd fight" is fun to watch or partake in occasionally, but I usually don't get too riled unless my "opponent" has their head squarely up their butt. Nobody ever gets smarter by talking - only by listening. SaxQuest is my "smoke break" as I'm not a smoker.

Reply To Post

3. by saxgrobie
          (86 posts)

20 years ago

Well I found this site when I was looking to find out some info on some of the cheap saxes they are selling on Ebay. But I found out that there are a lot of people here who can help me grow as a musician. Since I've had to stop taking lessons, I haven't had anyone to go to with a question. So this place is great. As for the whole loser part, I'm still in denial. I've got friends outside of band. I get on about every other day or so. Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

4. by tenor562
          (297 posts)

20 years ago

i'm getting more and more into this site than before. I find it better than Sax on the Web's forum, even though I use that one a lot too. This one just happens to be better organized, and that site is down all the time. Anyone with me? This place could be more active, but I'm happy where it is. lol, we have everything from chiamac to golferguy. And everything in between. Now that's what brings people back here twice a day.

Reply To Post

5. by SelmerParisPassion
          (59 posts)

20 years ago

Oh, warm fuzzies... group hug everybody, come on... Let's have a what-we-love-about-saxquest thread! Great sausage metaphor... so true. The awesome thing about this site is that there are people who tons and tons about saxophones etc, and will take a second out of their day to stop someone from blowing tons of money on a "vintage" olds saxophone, and steer noobies away from buying the shiny pink "professional" monique saxophones. I, for one, would have fallen victim to the horrible allures of ebay mishaps a couple of times if people like saxmaniac didn't show me the light. I love this site. It's not super active, but I've learned more here in one post than I have combing search engines for hours on end. I learn so much here everyday and I really appreciate it you guys. Thanks for your time, it's proven invaluble... and sometimes very amusing (nerd wars... *snort snort*) :) Christie J

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ