Saxophone Forum

by KjCatalano
(3 posts)
10 years ago

Value and Year Made of a Bb Tenor Sax made by Holton

I have a Bb Tenor Sax made by Frank Holton with a serail number of 21542 amd LP below the serial number. I believe it was made in 1925 ot 1917 I am not sure. Does anyone have any idea when it was made? I am also concerdering selling it, but am looking for what kind of value it holds. It plays really nice.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxquest
    (420 posts)

10 years ago

Re: Value and Year Made of a Bb Tenor Sax made by Holton

Your sax dates to 1925 not 1917. Holton first started making saxophones in 1915 and a 1917 date would definitely have a much lower serial number and would also be stamped Chicago instead of Elkhorn, WI. A number of 21542 on an LP Holton would definitely suggest a manufacture date of 1925.

Cheers,
         Mark Overton
         www.saxquest.com

Reply To Post

1. by KjCatalano
      (3 posts)

10 years ago

So what kind of value does something like that have?

Reply To Post

2. by KjCatalano
      (3 posts)

10 years ago

I also have an Olds Alto Sax with a SN of

NA 621

R.O.C.

That is how is it appears on the horn. I am looking at selling both this and the Holton Bb Tenor, but would like to know what their value it before I put them up for sale.

So what would one say the vaule is for this one?

Reply To Post

2. by dilandilan
    (7 posts)

10 years ago

that is good......good luck

Graduated from [url=http://www.soran.edu.iq/] Soran [/url] University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

Reply To Post

3. by JJckerions
    (2 posts)

9 years ago

The following example is the second material to be featured. It was published by only one AAS member: Shinaji. Go through "continue reading" weblink to see it! How to spread the statistic aspects at level 30: each level you do you need to put the statistic aspects at the same time like 2 str 2 spr 1 treat when you become level 31, then you need to put your statistic aspects on level 32 like this: 1 str 3 spr and 1 treat, you need to do that all plenty of time your skills aspects. http://www.archeagegoldmall.com/

Reply To Post