Saxophone Forum

by cycles
(42 posts)
10 years ago

YTS 62 Purple Logo

Hi all
looking to find out the general opinions re. The Purple Logo YTS 62 as a comparison with the std YTS 62.
Thanks in Advance 

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

10 years ago

Re: YTS 62 Purple Logo

I have a YTS 62 Purple Logo as a backup for my Mark Vl Selmer Tenor. The Yamaha is almost as good as my Selmer. In some ways it's even better! I don't know anything about the YTS 62 lll. I've been told by friends who have played both they prefer the Purple Logo.

Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by cycles
      (42 posts)

10 years ago

Thanks. Kelsey
      for your input. I've never played a mark V1 but it's interesting that it seems to be still the benchmark for many players.. from a Yamaha perspective, I once had a YAS 875 and a YAS 62 at the same time, for a few months, and apart from the feel,  they both were very similar. I did prefer the 875 but I could also have lived with the 62.

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
        (930 posts)

10 years ago

Yamahas are consistant! But as I said before, I prefer the Selmer Mark Vl. But if I had to replace my Mark Vl tenor or alto with any one of the new horns today I would choose a Yamaha!

Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by cycles
          (42 posts)

10 years ago

Well I've bid & won a 62 Purple logo. Should have it in about a month. Coming from the US. I'm looking forward to comparing it with my 1948 10M.

Reply To Post