Saxophone Forum

by forjonny
(3 posts)
20 years ago

Vintage Conn Sax for sale. Tenor, Gold Plated, S-10,316103

I have this Conn sax. It has been refinished and the leather hole covers have been removed. What is this sax worth. It is about 1939. Not used for years. It has a case. My father used it for his band in the 40s-50s.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by frasser
    (1 post)

19 years ago

Re: Vintage Conn Sax for sale. Tenor, Gold Plated, S-10,316103

I would like to see a pix !? Do you mean that the hole coverings are missing or the keys as well? thanks Frz

Reply To Post

1. by forjonny
      (3 posts)

19 years ago

By the looks at the numbers, it seems that this sax was made in 1946-47. When it was refinished the refinisher took off the pads and did not replace them because they were a bit old. My father who played the sax in the 40s-70s said at a music store that he was at said that they can make nice new pads for around $50. I think my father may get this done. So it is just the pads. The sax looks real nice says my father. I have to get a hold of him to get some pictures of the sax. He lives in Pennsylvania and I live in California. The sax is in Pa. He is also selling his Penzel Mueller Grenedella Clarinet Bb. Where do you live?

Reply To Post

1. by SaxMan
        (559 posts)

19 years ago

50 dollars is a bit out of date - now a set of pads cost at least that - the set for the true-tone I just sold was 60 bucks. to repad it, you are looking at, at least 600 bucks.

Reply To Post