Saxophone Forum

by Kitch22
(98 posts)
19 years ago

Soprano Sax

I'm am going to get a new soprano sax in the future. I'm not sure at all what to get. I don't want anything over $1000 (I know, sounds like I'm a cheap beginner). The problem is I just don't have that much money, and since I play mainly alto, it's just a secondary instrument. I would look at some vintages, but I just don't anything about them at all. I have looked at L.A. Sax, and they sound good, but you can never trust what they say about their own saxes; I am really confused about that brand and don't know enough about their rep to buy one. Please, help me out. Thanx!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by golferguy675
    (600 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Soprano Sax

I would definetly never recommend LA Sax, it's a commercial brand, and it's low quality. Somewhere in the middle of Vito and Yamah. Not junk, but not good. I think your best bet would be a good vintage soprano, because a good new soprano is just so expensive now. My soprano was 3100, and I got a deal on it. That's the gold neck, brass bell, and silver body though. Probably a little more than needed if you mainly just play alto. In the vintage sax section on this site, there's a King curved soprano for 1200, and a Buescher True-tone for 1350 that appear to be in good condition, maybe email a few questions to the shop.

Reply To Post

2. by YanagisawA-901
    (312 posts)

19 years ago

im not a big fan of la..ive played an la alto and it didnt impress me, but i donno if their sopranos are differnet.. haha yall are gonna think im like some sorta obsessive yani freak..but i played the s 901 and it really impressed me.. later

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
      (767 posts)

19 years ago

I hear great things about the Antigua Winds sopranos. There is a model that's available for under $1000

Reply To Post