Saxophone Forum

by mastermonster
(2 posts)
9 years ago

Just saying hello.

I'm not a sax player but I love hearing the sax more than any other insrument. I'm a singer and I play guitar a bit (mostly to write music). My mom almost talked me into playing sax in the band in H.S. instead of playing football. My uncle won out and I played F.B. for 11 seasons (H.S. - College - Pro - Semi Pro.). I loved it but now that I'm older and went into music afterall I sometimes regret not learning to play the sax. I'm almost 60 now and who knows; I may make that my retirement hobby soon. I do own a sax. It's a vintage Buescher True-Tone (Low Pitch) with a license date of 1914 and ser # 190xxx silver finish. I bought it at an estate sale years ago when I thought I might learn to play it. But life got real busy for about 10 years singing about 100 dates a year with a Southern Gospel Quartet and also working full time as a P.E Teacher. It's sat stored for quite a while and I almost forgot I had it til I ran across it and pulled it out recently. I found this site while searching the net trying to find out some history on my sax. Anyway, I love almost all types of music and admire anyone who has mastered an instrument...especially the sax.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. No replies yet. Be the first!