Saxophone Forum

by johnny_hodges
(15 posts)
19 years ago

ESSENTIALLY ELLINGTON

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone at this site ever went to an Essentially Ellington competition in New York. If so, when, what High School and State, and what saxophone did you play with? I went this year (2004) and I played Bari sax. I go to Westerville South High School in Ohio and now I'm the lead alto.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by John Coltrane
    (84 posts)

19 years ago

Re: ESSENTIALLY ELLINGTON

Dale, shut up.... Lol.. Dude we have to go this year, its my senior yr, we HAVE to go.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by barimachine
      (323 posts)

19 years ago

i play bari and were doing it

Reply To Post

1. by John Coltrane
        (84 posts)

19 years ago

what song r you playing? We are playing... Happy-Go-Lucky-Local I Didin't Know about You Blue Cellophane

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by johnny_hodges
          (15 posts)

19 years ago

Hey, um, Brenden Bradley (John Coltrane). No one knows who we are... When he means "we", he means the Westerville South Jazz Orchestra from Ohio. Also, we did it last year but my friend here wasn't in that jazz band...

Reply To Post

2. by barimachine
          (323 posts)

19 years ago

i dont knwo what were playing yet we have all the charts for this year... and the older ones like blue cellophane and koko dim cres in blue bli blip but i dont knwo if i guess happy go lucky local and i didnt know about you i hope VIP boogie

Reply To Post

3. by barimachine
          (323 posts)

19 years ago

the charts are still good and musicians are always competing for like jobs...

Reply To Post