Saxophone Forum

by saxmcw17
(6 posts)
19 years ago

No Theo..where to go.???

In all of your best opinion who should you go to for custom mouthpiece work. Now that Theo has passed away. I've tried looking online but found nothing. Please let me know. I need a soprano piece worked on BAAADDD!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by SaxMan
    (559 posts)

19 years ago

Re: No Theo..where to go.???

he is not dead, that is some more SOTW garbage that is totally untrue just like 75 + percent of everything else said there. He is in the middle of a move to new hampshire. But anyways, I would send you piece to paul tenney - ask mark for contact information. Or amybe even ralph morgan - not sure if he offers refacing services or not, but he might.

Reply To Post

1. by definition
      (963 posts)

19 years ago

If you read the thread on that at SOTW, they all agree that he is not dead either, but the rumor by someone jumping to conclusions like saxmcw17 (there is just as much untrue info here as there is there)

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by SaxMan
        (559 posts)

19 years ago

not even close, we finally got rid of minty - i think, we have at least 5 true things a fay here - versus the one or two a week on sotw.

Reply To Post

1. by Spike
          (248 posts)

19 years ago

So to brag, I live in cedar falls. With tenney and randy jones. ^_^

Reply To Post

2. by saxmcw17
        (6 posts)

19 years ago

I wasn't jumping to any conclusions I was just reading what I was reading. How can I contact Theo to get work done now.?

Reply To Post

1. by definition
          (963 posts)

19 years ago

As far as I know, Theo is currently un reachable for werk to be done until he finishes his move. Sorry

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

3. by SaxJazz42
        (9 posts)

19 years ago

Ever heard of a cat named Gunnar Mossblad? He's professor of saxophone at Toledo. He did some work on my vitange link last year and it was smokin. Real good, accurate rails and sweet baffle work. And he did it all in less than a week. Look for him online...his contact info should be on the UT website. Highly reccomended.

Reply To Post

1. by selmerfan
          (67 posts)

19 years ago

Interesting, I wondered when Gunnar would come up on this site. I went to South Dakota State, Gunnar is a buddy of my old sax prof, he used to come out for master classes and to work on our horns and mouthpieces. Not only does he do great mpc work, he does outstanding set-up work on saxes. Great guy, wish I was closer to him, but I'm only an hour from Paul Tenney and Randy Jones in Cedar Falls, so I guess I won't complain.

Reply To Post