Saxophone Forum

by maelstrom
(1 post)
19 years ago

Martin Indiana Tenor Serial No. 62000

I was offered buying a Martin Indiana Tenor Sax (Serial No. 62000) quite cheap. It needs some readjustments and the High F sticks because some part there is missing. I have heart great things about Martins and am curious if i should invest. Any estimates how old this might be? Is there a chance to find the missing part and get an overhaul. (Cost?) I'm based in europe so it might be harder to find replacement parts....

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by eman19
    (131 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Martin Indiana Tenor Serial No. 62000

This was made around 1956-7. The Indianas were a student to intermidiate, but a fairly good horn. There is definitely a good chance to find any missing pieces, these horns are often on ebay, and a overhall will run you anywhere from $450 - $1000 (about 346-769 Euro's) good luck.

Reply To Post

2. by sonnyrollins57
    (17 posts)

19 years ago

Hi! I have a Martin Indiana myself but minds is from the late 20's and it is all silver it looks like a martin handcraft tenor.My tenor sounds great,I feel its one of the best sounding tenors i've ever played.the horn may feel a little weird but once you get use to it ,its a whole different story.If your gonna buy a Indiana the highest I would pay is about $100 to $400 maybe $500 if its mint condition.I doubt it needs a over whole.It just needs a tune up probably. The max it could cost you from a good repairman to fix it would probably be $175.That Indiana could be a great back up horn.If your Indiana has a gold laquered body, nickel, or silver keys its form the 50's or 60's.

Reply To Post

3. by sonnyrollins57
    (17 posts)

19 years ago

Well good luck and I wish you the best.

Reply To Post