Saxophone Forum

by stevecadd
(1 post)
19 years ago

buescher true tone tenors

hi Ive just brought a silver plate true tone tenor in great condition....it still has the original pads. no 255### I think its one of the last true tone tenors... Is it worth getting repadded or should I just sellit as is.Personally I would love to play it but need the cash

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by knighttrain
    (31 posts)

19 years ago

Re: buescher true tone tenors

Sounds like a cool horn. I have a similar alto. It's well worth some time and money.

Reply To Post

2. by johnsonfromwisconsin
    (767 posts)

19 years ago

If you are looking for a great horn, have it repadded by someone competent on old Buescher Saxophones. They have a few features that less adept technicians could destroy to complete the job. If you are looking to turn a profit on this horn, I would forego the repad. Such work on a horn like that would cost a couple hundred dollars from an average tech and a couple hundred more from a good one familiar with Bueschers. Such investment in repair would have a severe case of diminished returns: you could put $400 in such work and it would increase it's selling price by perhaps only half that. Also, if the work is done by an average tech, they might be tempted to remove the unique snaps because they wouldn't have the right pad to accomodate them. If that happens, you will likely pay good money only to have the horn worth much less than before the work.

Reply To Post

3. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

19 years ago

Thats a keeper horn.Once its set up correctly you wont want to sell it Dave

Reply To Post