Saxophone Forum

by marciocvital
(3 posts)
19 years ago

Any information about this sax?

I bougth a old soprano saxophone from a friend and I'm trying to find more information about it, can anybody help me? The only thing that is witten on the sax is "Diamond" and the keys are almost identical to a Mark VI soprano. My friend said that its Italian, but he is not shure. I have some photos, if somebody want I can send them via email. Thanks.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
    (767 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Any information about this sax?

The country of origin certainly must be on the horn somewhere. Typically below the serial number on the back of the horn, but also look on the front where the bow meets the bell.

Reply To Post

1. by marciocvital
      (3 posts)

19 years ago

There is no serial number or anything else. The only thing that is written is "Diamond" on the bell.

Reply To Post

2. by johnsonfromwisconsin
    (767 posts)

19 years ago

The country of origin certainly must be on the horn somewhere. Typically below the serial number on the back of the horn, but also look on the front where the bow meets the bell.

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Most likely it's made by Borgani. It should be stamped Italy with a 4-5 digit serial number. I know Borgani made a few sopranos. I played a Borgani alto for a while when my Conn was being repaired. Nice horn! Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by marciocvital
        (3 posts)

19 years ago

There is no serial number or Italy stamped. Here are some photos: community.webshots.com/album/276070701XZOfcZ

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Looks like a Borgani to me.

Reply To Post Yahoo!