Saxophone Forum

by chasebk
(4 posts)
19 years ago

bari mouthpiece

what would be a good jazz bari mouthpiece, i have a link 7* now which i can rip with, but im looking for something that will also blend better, but can pull out all the stops when it has to. guess im just looking for a change ne ideas?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by sax_maniac
    (984 posts)

19 years ago

Re: bari mouthpiece

Try the Strathon Ajustotone on bari. I play a 6* and with the adjustable baffle, it can go from edgy to downright wicked with a flick of your finger (and you don't have to take the mouthpiece off the horn to adjust it).

Reply To Post

1. by definition
      (963 posts)

19 years ago

Don't try the Srathon. I have one and while it does adjust easily rnough like sax_maniac said, it always feels to be leaking air. Try a Runyon or a Jody Jazz with the spoiler insert.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by sax_maniac
        (984 posts)

19 years ago

That's an interesting observation. Was it leaking through the baffle slider or was the reed seal poor?

Reply To Post

1. by definition
          (963 posts)

19 years ago

Reed Seal was great, it was coming though the baffle slider. I own the piece, and have used it multiple times, and everytime I play it, I can really 'feel' the loss of power through there. Anyway, I have the BBQ piece on order from Charlie A, (maker of Gig Dust and the Crud Patch) and it comes with the runyon spoiler, which really makes pieces rip it up.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by barimachine
          (323 posts)

19 years ago

yea i play a jody jazz 120 ESP i want to get that sparkle Aire from here, because my new necks not in and i cant play my jody only thing is that that standard rovner lig is terrible with it, I wanna try and oleg on it but im not sure what size i need.

Reply To Post