Saxophone Forum

by Renate
(6 posts)
19 years ago

Elkhart Indiana

Does anyone know what this instrument is worth, how old it is and whether it is worth repairing? It sounds very nice to me, but needs quite a bit of service (pads, laquer... my nearest repair shop said I would have to pay from 200 pounds upwards to get it done). The serial number is 9402, Elkhart Indiana and it shows the face of a Red Indian engraved. It is silver, but the laquer could do with a new coat too. The sound is rich and full, even the high tones. Would someone be interested in buying it? Thanks, Renate.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Elkhart Indiana

Sounds like an early Martin. You might be surprised how well the silver plate would clean up with some Tarn-X and silver polish. You might tell the technition that after they remove the keys to install the new pads, you would like to pick up the bady, take it home and clean and polish it, so you can do so without the keys being in the way. Send me some pictures and I'll be glad to take a look. It sounds like a very early Martin, and they can be quite valuable to a collector.

Reply To Post Yahoo!