Saxophone Forum

by k7michal
(34 posts)
19 years ago

which lig with my tenor otto link

I have a vintage tenor otto link mpc with 6 opening, and since I bought it on ebay it didn't come with a lig. I also use a medium Rico LaVos reed. I can't decide if I should go for the Francious Louis or the Olegature. I'm looking for a deep, rich, and bright sound.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: which lig with my tenor otto link

Rovner makes an Eddie Daniels link specifically for the Otto Link metal pieces. You can order it through them directly www.rovnerproducts.com They sell for $54.95

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by The_MarkVI
      (80 posts)

19 years ago

DONT BUY A EDDIE DANIELS!!! u bought the metal for added brightness and the daniels will darken it. i love ur choices. on alto i use the oleg and on tenor i use the louis. I pefer the fancis on tenor though

Reply To Post

1. by k7michal
        (34 posts)

19 years ago

I ended up buying the Louis lig and a box of 5 Superial DC level 3 reeds from this site. Can't wait till they come in.

Reply To Post

2. by connsaxman_jim
        (2336 posts)

19 years ago

the Eddie Daniels is a very versatile lig. It CAN darken your metal piece if you set it to, but not necessarily. I've found that they add a lot of depth to a metal piece. I use a Rovner Eddie Danies on a Meyer piece and it screams! Hey, for $54.95, give it a try and see what you think. If you don't like it, send it back. I sure like mine!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by k7michal
          (34 posts)

19 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I have a JDX 5 Eugene Russoe mpc that I use a rovner lig. on which has this dark/jazzy sound, but the otto link some how has more "maturity" so I'll be working with that one. I'll have to wait and see what the Louis lig. sounds like.

Reply To Post

2. by saxismyaxe
          (575 posts)

19 years ago

Go with the F. Louis or a Selmer 404. The Rovner ligs can work well on some mouthpiece, especially one that is perceived to be overly "bright". However, on the Otto Links, which are already a bit dark, it tends to make the sound a bit stuffy, IMHO. I can't speak about the Oleg as this is one ligature I haven't tried. If you are able to, of course the best answer is to sample as many as possible before you buy.

Reply To Post