Saxophone Forum

by lindnelo
(1 post)
8 years ago

Know this sax?

my dad has had this sax for ages and I think it belonged to his grandfather. Just came across it again and was wondering if anyone could tell me more about it and what it's worth. Just collecting dust now.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
    (644 posts)

8 years ago

Re: Know this sax?

The Buescher was a major saxophone company established in Elkhart. A major player in the saxophone industry. Click on the saxophone museum tab in the upper left hand corner of this Saxophone.org page and click saxophone then click on the Buescher group. Look around and find your horn. It looks to be an early 1920s horn based on the common engraving, but I do not have a serial number list in front of me.  If it has the original snap in resonators on the pads, that makes it valuable to us saxophone restorers. Those original parts are getting harder to come by. In general, they are common American  closet relics. Good Luck

Reply To Post

2. by GFC
    (842 posts)

8 years ago

Re: Know this sax?

The serial # puts its manufacture date at 1918.  It doesn't have the snap-in resonators or the screw-in Norton springs that Buescher restorers seek.  It has very little value.

Reply To Post