Saxophone Forum

by zoot
(21 posts)
19 years ago

Otto Link Hard Rubber Mouthpiece

I'm looking for a sort of dark husky jazz sound, and I wanted to know if an Otto Link rubber mouthpiece would do the trick. Also, what facing would you recomend for that dark sound I'm loking for. (I play a tenor)

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by reedat
    (5 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Otto Link Hard Rubber Mouthpiece

a six* or seven *

Reply To Post

1. by FredCDobbs
      (77 posts)

19 years ago

Vandoren: I play a metal Otto Link STM 7, and it gives me exactly that husky dark tone you're talking about. I also sometimes use a hard rubber Berg Larsen 105/2, which is brighter, and has more power (I think the 105 is slightly wider than the Link 7), but it's a bit harder for me to control. I love the dark tone of the Link, so that's the one usually on my 10M.

Reply To Post

2. by bvconway
    (1 post)

15 years ago

The best dark husky sounds I've heard on YouTube are: Joel Frahm www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfHcSTA5Nx8 Davesax on YouTube www.youtube.com/watch?v=RczWDmf9res and they are both Selmer Short Shank mouthpieces. Amazing. I think both horns are Selmer Mk VI, not sure.

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
      (930 posts)

15 years ago

This post is 3 years old. Please quit bringing back a conversation that has been over for years. The people who started it may not even be around any more. If you have a question or want to contribute don't go so far back. It's rude to the rest of us.....Kelsey
      Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by Tranesyadaddy
        (279 posts)

15 years ago

man lighten up. this is a sax forum not a flute forum. anyway I quite enjoy youtube links (though I think the mpc in the first vid sounds more like a Link than a Selmer).

Reply To Post

1. by chalazon
          (547 posts)

15 years ago

what's a melonhead?

Reply To Post