Saxophone Forum

by blackfrancis
(396 posts)
19 years ago

Case for a Conn 6M

Any recommendations regarding a new case for my 6M (transitional w/bell keys on the same side)? I ordered a Pro Pac PB304, but it doesn't fit due to the position of the bell keys. By the way, this alto rips! Thanks again Jim for being such a good influence.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Case for a Conn 6M

I had a hard time finding a case that really fit my 6M well. I finally bought an SKB rectangular case, and my tech made it fit my horn. I use an SKB case for my tenor also. They're great cases; very durable. I would highly recommend them. They're relatively inexpensive too. I wouldn't recommend a soft case. They just don't offer enough protection.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by jeanlelong
    (3 posts)

19 years ago

I use a Berkeley Case, it has enough space for the bell keys. You will also want wrap the sax in a sheet of silk or something to make it fit perfectly. Never had a problem with this combination. BTW, should you encounter any problems with altissimo with your current 6M set up (as I did). I was recommended Jody Jazz mouthpiece with spoiler here, and this turned out to be an excellent idea!

Reply To Post

1. by blackfrancis
      (396 posts)

19 years ago

Thanks for your wisdom, Jim and Jean- much appreciated! I have no problem with altissimo (a modified Claude Lakey helps me along) but I've heard a lot of good things about the Jody Jazz. Gotta try one someday soon.

Reply To Post

1. by chiamac
        (586 posts)

19 years ago

I used my yahama student horn case and just made it fit.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by west
          (242 posts)

19 years ago

Do they make cases for or even the actual C-Melody sax anymore?

Reply To Post

2. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

I talked to one company that said that if brought them my horn, they would measure and make me a case, but it was quite expensive, like $200. I've considered it, but my old case is still pretty solid. I fixed the handle, and other than smelling a little musty it's ok. I put a car air freshener inside for a couple days and that helped some.

Reply To Post Yahoo!