Saxophone Forum

by susan_ces
(2 posts)
19 years ago

H. Couf Superba II

I have an H Couf Superba II tenor sax, serial number 64051, in good condition. I would like to know about the quality, value and any other information about this saxophone.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by nimbob
    (1 post)

19 years ago

Re: H. Couf Superba II

the couf superba II was good horn made also by keilworth, at the same time as the couf superba I. it doesn't have rolled tone holes, but the tenor sounds very similar to the superba I. i've seen them on ebay for about 1200 dollars. i have one that plays quite well, and i'm happy with it for casuals and jazz. f# played with the index of the right hand, seems to work well, and horn plays in tune. last repair person that looked at it thought the keys were soft and easily bent.

Reply To Post

2. by Saxman2x4
    (1 post)

18 years ago

Re: H. Couf Superba II

I have owned a Superba II for almost 30 years and enjoy the dark tone. My horn is later serial number 65878. The last apprasal I had valued my horn at $3700. I thought this was high but he offered to purchase it at that price. I play regularly in a big band and the bigger bell gives me a great sound.

Reply To Post

1. by sax_a_gogo
      (23 posts)

18 years ago

H. Couf Superba I

I have a superba I alto from the 80s which I bought used 20 years ago. serial is 83xxx. I paid $1,000 for it back then used. Nice horn, but I like the power and openness of my selmer S80 better since I acquired it. I figure they're worth ~$1200 on the used market like ebay.

Reply To Post