Saxophone Forum

by Rocceral
(3 posts)
19 years ago

Dukoff D7 tenor mouthpiece

Im looking to buy a metal mouth piece and was wondering if the dukoff d7 is any good

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by someguy
    (80 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Dukoff D7 tenor mouthpiece

I owned one in high school, I used it for marching band. It was loud!!!!!!!!!! Now I use an otto link 7. I love it, very versitile for all my needs.

Reply To Post

1. by Rocceral
      (3 posts)

19 years ago

does the D7 have good tone

Reply To Post

1. by StratmanBaze
        (61 posts)

19 years ago

i bought one (d7, too) and i use it with my reference 54 at first i tried it and man i squeeked like there was no tomorrow...but again, thats cuz it was my first metal piece. but still, i couldnt get a sound out of it because my reed was too thick (i was usin a rico jazz select 3M) and then i went to some hemke size 2.5. now it sounds amazing. it helped me learn vibrato and bending notes cuz it had a bigger size opening. I would recommend it to you...its a bright mouthpiece tho. and, its made of very very soft metal and can be scratched very easily. i definatley wouldnt use one in marchin band...you might want an otto link for that. hope this helps Bassil

Reply To Post

1. by Rocceral
          (3 posts)

19 years ago

thanks...actually that helped alot and im not in marching band so i think i migh look into it

Reply To Post

2. by Dave Dix
          (421 posts)

19 years ago

I have used a metal D7 for over 20 years.Very cutting and powerful piece.Great for altissimo and note bending. They are very bright but played on a darker sounding vintage horn very hard to beat Dave

Reply To Post