Saxophone Forum

by lenny s
(5 posts)
19 years ago

C.G. Conn Advice

Could any one advise me of what a fair price for a C.G. Conn mid 1920's. stamp sais Elkhart Ind USA not sure of model. apparently still plays well no dents and pads O.K I am looking at buying it. your feedback would be appreciated.. Urgent response required.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by lenny s
    (5 posts)

19 years ago

Re: C.G. Conn Advice

not sure if this also helps but it is stamped PATD DEC 8 1914 III9954 C 113342 H

Reply To Post

1. by mega band geek
      (60 posts)

19 years ago

I'm no Conn expert by any means, but I'm under the impression that anything with a "C" stamped on it is a C-Melody sax. Not sure though...

Reply To Post AIM

1. by connsaxman_jim
        (2336 posts)

19 years ago

What you have is strictly a wall piece or something to make a lamp out of. It is a C Melody. C Melodys, although they are becoming more collectable, are not particularly valuable, but your horn is in high pitch. That is what the H in the serial number represents. That means that this horn is not compatable with instruments made today and will not play in tune with them. Low Pitch became the standard in the 1940's. Only a few of these early saxophones was high pitch. Unfortunately, yours just happens to be one of the few.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Oh, I see, you don't own it but you're looking at buying it. DON'T BUY IT!!!! MOVE ON TO THE NEXT ONE!

Reply To Post Yahoo!