Saxophone Forum

by tmho
(2 posts)
7 years ago

Identifying Conn Buescher alto saxophone

Hi all, I am new here and I was wondering if I could pick your brains for a bit. I own a saxophone that is engraved with "C G Conn" "Elkhart Ind" "U.S.A.". The serial number looks like Buescher's though. Now I am puzzled. Can anyone help me identify this saxophone? I have owned it for more than 20 years now, but I would like to know what it is. Please find some pictures attached. Many thanks in advance for all your help with this!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
    (644 posts)

7 years ago

Re: Identifying Conn Buescher alto saxophone

Wow, an interesting post which I myself do not have an answer.

It closely resembles the early models of the Conn star engraving horns of the late 50s,

engraving wise, but the key guards are all wrong, the serial number is wrong.

Some type of fake stencil possibly, like a current day knock off  or something Conn tried that I am not aware of. I am hoping some of the other "Seasoned" saxophone geeks here will have an answer for you. The pics could be better. One of the G# cluster would help.

Reply To Post

2. by tmho
    (2 posts)

7 years ago

Re: Identifying Conn Buescher alto saxophone

Many thanks for your quick reply! The pictures look a lot better on my computer. Please find attached a new attempt, including a picture of the G# cluster.

Reply To Post