Saxophone Forum

by luis010
(1 post)
7 years ago

Starting from zero

Hello guys!

I m a big fan of sax music but I have absolutely no knowledge about how to play on it.I also have no idea about music and sol-fa.

I got an Alto saxofon as a present 1 month ago and I want to learn from 0 how to play!

Later I knew that's a very cheap chinese sax, 250$, brand startone.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/startone_sas75_altsaxophon.htm

From some youtube videos I learnt how to assemble, hold it, and the right position about how to put it in the mouth, but I m still have some difficulties on playing for more than 7 seconds, (Sometimes I blow but there is no sounds, sometimes I get tired, sometimes I feel like I m in a rush, sometimes it sleps from my hands etc ) Plus it sounds very high that I disturb. Even neighbours who live at 40 meters from us can hear it while I m in my room haha.

I also knew the buttons DEFBAG from some youtube videos.. 

My objective would be to play decently in front of friends and family after 3 months. So I would like to get the opinion of experimented people about what I shall do and the right steps to reach my aim.

As I never studied music I cant understand music sheets. But I m enough motivated to learn music theory.

I have 2 hours free per day that I can dedicate to saxophon. My idea was to learn music for 1 hour and then practising for 1 hour. Or 1 day learning music and next day only practising.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me!

I unfortuntaely live in a small village plus I can't afford lessons.

I  m 30 years old.

Than you in advance! 

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

7 years ago

Re: Starting from zero

Congratulations on your new hobby. Saxophone is my love and has been for over 50 years. I'm sure your love of sax music will carry you far. Lots of luck...Barry Kelsey

Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM