Saxophone Forum

by reedrage
(21 posts)
19 years ago

Lawton,I love you

I picked up a Lawton 7*b and my mild mannered Z tenor ripped off its shirt and Superman emerged!Anyone know any info on this piece like tip opening?Also U.K site says they make a small baffle,large chamber unit.I WANT one.Can't seem to find a U.S. dealer on web.Help?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by TANGO SIX ONE
    (255 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Lawton,I love you

Response to reedrage: The knights templar have Knights in our order who use lawton,the secret with these once on a good lawton,they are like link in that the are all different.The uk has the largest selection of lawtons obviously.One particular knight in our order is by far one of the great out and out blues men who constantly on the road.Played with all top blues artists or support and no one nails it like him for blues.Lawton 7 or an8* but go for the double b facing they are by far better.For thr record he uses Nickel silver keilwerth with a special made to order solid silver crook.In fact our man says he uses7*bb because of the control. Remember in this setting you develop full roundness of sound with perminent growl from sutle all way up to full on.The 7 bb gives the control required and to sustain all the time with correct technique top to bottom.The knights stae the uks full of them. (Bird Lives)

Reply To Post

1. by definition
      (963 posts)

19 years ago

I'm with ya reedrage, I love my Lawton 8BB for bari, just ROARS! If you want a particular lawton, the easiest way to do it would be to contact them direct from their site and ask them about how to find dealer nearest you

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by Spike
    (248 posts)

19 years ago

i love those as well damned expensive though

Reply To Post