Saxophone Forum

by mega band geek
(60 posts)
19 years ago

Intonation Question

I've been looking into buying a Soprano recentlly and found a Conn/Pan American Straight Bb Soprano Saxophone for sale about 4 hours away from where I live. Because its not near me, I haven't been able to test it yet. My question is, assuming it is set-up and regulated correctly, how good is the intonation on a Conn/Pan American Straight Bb Soprano Saxophone? Thanks.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Intonation Question

The Pan American horns had pretty good intonation; especially the later ones. They have a really good sound too. Good Luck! Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Dave Dix
      (421 posts)

19 years ago

I have a mid twenties pan am(a curvie) and that has very good intonation and sound. A pro session musician borrowed it for a recording session as his selmer mk6 sop was being repaired and he prefers it over the selmer and want to purchase it from me (no chance). Dave

Reply To Post

1. by Candyboy
        (77 posts)

19 years ago

Hey, Like I said in the other forum Pan Am saxes are severly underated and they really don't cost that much. I recently took an engraving class and I'm whittling away on a Pan Am alto that I bought for $120.00 and all it needs is a set of pads. I already have the lacquer stripped. It's gonna be SWEET.....
        Doug Coffman

Reply To Post AIM