Saxophone Forum

by butthead777
(4 posts)
19 years ago

WWBW

Is woodwind & brasswind a reliable source for purchasing products???

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Spike
    (248 posts)

19 years ago

Re: WWBW

sort of... they carry a lot of b-stock, but if you visit them, you can pick the best horn available. Once you get a good sax, they're great.

Reply To Post

1. by saxmannwmsu
      (48 posts)

19 years ago

They're ok. If you DO buy something from them, they're nice to deal with. However, they're constantly out of stock on items. Half of their mouthpiece stock is on order. I'm buying most of my stuff from here (SaxQuest) now. The prices are only slightly higher, and it's nice that they have stuff when I need it. As for buying a horn online, don't do it. Period. You should go to a shop and try out SEVERAL different saxophones. Not just different kinds, but different saxes within the same model. I tried out 3 Series II's before I bought mine.

Reply To Post AIM

2. by Roccosm
      (113 posts)

18 years ago

Spike, I have delt with them for year's now and they are the best, they take return;s without question and credit Your back instantly.. I give the 100% rocco

Reply To Post

2. by kfoster
    (1 post)

18 years ago

Very reliable. I have used them for around 20 years now for reeds and such. At time s you can get some very good deals too. Especially if you know what you want. They also have a good return policy, even on mouthpieces.

Reply To Post

1. by saxjunkie89
      (393 posts)

18 years ago

yeah, I ordered a selmer S80 soprano mouthpiece (C*) in October, and still didn't get it yet, but that might be the manufacturers fault, as WWBW is a reliable place.

Reply To Post

1. by CountSpatula
        (602 posts)

18 years ago

The only reason they had problems in october was because they moved their stuff to another place (cuz it took my case awhile) but i've order tons of stuff from there, its a LOT cheaper. At most stores even on saxquest i saw a reference 54 alto (That i want >_

Reply To Post AIM

1. by saxjunkie89
          (393 posts)

18 years ago

never mind, it came in yesterday...sorry

Reply To Post