Saxophone Forum

by Truckexe
(3 posts)
7 years ago

Using past experience to get better at playing

So when i finished high school i happily gave up playing trombone, which while playing fairly well and easily i hated due to it being forced on me form the very beginning. Now im devoited all my free time to learning on the saxophone when i get free time while on the road trucking. Im wondering what knowledge from playing trombone i can use to better practice saxophone.I don't have access to lessons outside of videos and forums and such so I'll take any advice their is to have ^.^

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GFC
    (842 posts)

7 years ago

Re: Using past experience to get better at playing

I suppose it might be possible to practice saxophone (alto, between G and C# plus palm keys) while driving your truck.  Practicing trombone while driving would be a problem.

The best tips-and-advice site for starting players that I can think of is bestsaxophonewebsiteever.com.  They provide access to both free and paid online lessons.  There are even tone and intonation exercises you can do with just the mouthpiece, holding it like a duck call - handy for those long hours behind the wheel.  

Having started out as a bone plsyer you've been required to develop a good sense of pitch, which is also important with the saxophone.

Reply To Post

1. by Truckexe
      (3 posts)

7 years ago

Re: Using past experience to get better at playing

Thanks for the tips. I really appreciate it

Hauling for the very people that vilify me.

Reply To Post