Saxophone Forum

by Birdman
(9 posts)
19 years ago

Replacement neck for 1936 Conn 6M

I am in need of a replacement for the double slung nmicro tune neck for my beautiful Conn 6M. I would like to know if anyone knows where I can get a standard, not micro tune type neck to fit this Sax? I would like to try out a non micro tune type neck, either underslunk octaave key or not. Any information will be appreciated.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jamterry
    (573 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Replacement neck for 1936 Conn 6M

I think a Phil Barone neck will fit it. I know Paul Maslin in Chicago has one for $339.00. It is a new line of necks brought out by a mouthpiece maker. Paul also has a SBA neck, but it goes for $850.00

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

1. by Birdman
      (9 posts)

19 years ago

Thank you, I have emailed Paul Masilins site regarding the Phil Barone neck. I appreciate your post.

Reply To Post

1. by definition
        (963 posts)

19 years ago

Karsten gloger can make a new replica of any old sax neck for you, with whatever mods you desire. It will probably cost about 300.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Karsten Gloger would be who I would recommend. He makes replacement necks for just about anything. They are quite expensive, but very good. You're looking at $800 for a silver neck and about $650 for a copper neck for a 6M through musicmedic.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by definition
        (963 posts)

19 years ago

Oh, to get in touch with gloger, I believe music medic is the source for american buyers, as karsten is i think in the netherlands? necks though, are top quality from him, Ive never heard a complaint

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by Birdman
          (9 posts)

19 years ago

Just checked on it through Music Medic, Thank you also, I appreciate the help.

Reply To Post

2. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Yes, Karsten Gloger is in the Netherlands. I actullay walked past his shop when I was there a couple years ago. The Netherlands is a fun place to visit; lots of fun-loving friendly people without a care in the world!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

3. by Birdman
          (9 posts)

19 years ago

Sounds like a fun place to visit, I wish I could go and pick up my neck while there. The prices here are pretty steep, I might have to try the one from Paul Maslins due to the cost. Thanks again.

Reply To Post

4. by jamterry
          (573 posts)

19 years ago

Anyting you get from Paul Maslin will be good. I send all my horns to him for repair and adjustment/setup. I live in LA and still send my horns to Paul. Paul was referred to me by Fred Hemke.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

5. by Birdman
          (9 posts)

19 years ago

That is good news. I have sent an email, regarding my 6M and the non micro tuner replacement I am hoping he can provide, so it's good ot know of satisfied customer. Again thank you, I will post my outcome.

Reply To Post