Is this a good set up?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by mijderf
    (282 posts)

6 years ago

Re: Getting a Completely New Set-Up

I am unfamiliar with the Dakota line, so I will not comment on it.  I found one reference to the tenor Jazz Pomarico that you might find interesting.  It is the last entry on this thread:
    https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?179671-Experiences-with-Pomarico-crystal-sop-mpcs
    The thread title mentions Soprano saxes, but the last entry discusses experiences with the tenor version.

Reply To Post

1. by Ya Boi Ike
      (19 posts)

6 years ago

Thanks for linking that! I'm in my High School's marching, jazz, and concert band. But a warm, mellow sound is actually quite what I'm going for so that sounds perfect.

As for the sax, I'm just trusting in the store, the reviewers, and the price range. Right now I'm on a trial period rental anyways so for the next two months, I can interchange whenever with little to no extra cost to me. So I can experiment as I please until I find exactly what I want

Reply To Post

2. by GFC
    (842 posts)

6 years ago

The Theo Wanne lig is only compatible with a Theo Wanne mouthpiece designed for it.  If you want a good pressure plate type lig the Francois Louis lig is good.  

You haven't explained why you want that particular horn and mouthpiece.  Is it from reputation, play testing, or.....?  If it's appearance, you might want to think about your priorities.  

Reply To Post

1. by Ya Boi Ike
      (19 posts)

6 years ago

Yeah, I recently figured out about the Theo Wanne, and thanks for the suggestion about the Francois Louis, I might have to look into it
      As for the horn, it's a mixture of price range and reputation. While I do want a nice looking sax, it isn't the highest of my priorities. Plus I'm on a "trial period" rental, which allows me to interchange saxes as I please to find the one I want

Reply To Post

3. by Mitch Sugginer
    (2 posts)

6 years ago

I have this sax and i`m quite happy.I played a VI for 30 yrs but had to sell it to pay med. bills.
    Don`t really miss it...As for your pice/reeds/;ig;trial and error and following your instructors advice would be good I think.

Reply To Post