Saxophone Forum

by Rubberboots
(2 posts)
6 years ago

Couesnon Alto Saxophone

I have the opurtunity to purchase a

Couesnon monopole Alto Saxophone, I would consider it to be in fair shape. It needs new cork and possibly a couple pads. Is anyone able to give me adivice on what they sell for? I had never heard of this brand until I saw it and did a little research but I see prices that really vary. Also can anyone tell me where the serial number is? I can't seem to find one anywhere..... Thanks in advance.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Rubberboots
    (2 posts)

6 years ago

Re: Couesnon Alto Saxophone

So, I took it into a shop to have it looked at and they said it needs $800 worth of labour alone not including parts. When I look at it all I see are 4-5 pads that need doing, 1 spring and re-corking. How much do they charger per hour? Even if it took them 8 hours, that's $100/hr !!!!

Reply To Post

1. by mijderf
      (282 posts)

6 years ago

Re: Couesnon Alto Saxophone

You should ask them for an exact quote that spells out all work.  You might then take it to a 2nd shop and tell them that you want to have it repaired to a respectable level of play and give them an idea of how much you want to spend.
      This quote sounds like a full overhaul charge...all new pads corks, felts and cleaning and adjustment.  However, you don't state your location, and prices vary significantly depending on where you live. 

Reply To Post