Saxophone Forum

by mega band geek
(60 posts)
19 years ago

I feel the pressure.

I recently aquired a job as a repair tech apprentice at a semi-local music store. Things have been going well, then yesterday my boss sets an old raggy case in my lap and tells me to begin my first overhaul experience. I open the case, and to my suprise, I find a Buescher 400 Top Hat and Cane Tenor with one of the nicest engravings I've ever seen. I'm doing everything in the overhaul (minus dent work, no experience there yet, and installing the pads while keeping the original snap-ins). I've cleaned it, leveled the tone holes, my boss did the body work and installed the pads, then tomorrow I get to put it together and do the adjustments myself. I was really shocked that I was entrusted with such a wonderful instrument and I can say I am feeling the pressure to get it right... of coure, my boss is leaning over my shoulder the entire time to make sure I don't mess anything up, which adds more pressure. Hope I get it right...

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: I feel the pressure.

lucky you! I just did repaired an alto with those snap-in pads a while ago; my first one. They're pretty easy really. What a clever idea. Good Luck! Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!