Saxophone Forum

by krohnm100
(5 posts)
6 years ago

Key Leaves fixed the sticky key pads on my saxophone.

Sticking keys (especially the G#) were a huge problem for me. Key Leaves is a family company that has come up with a solution to prevent and stop key stick. There website is https://keyleaves.com

I highly recommend you check it out!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by RavenSax
    (4 posts)

6 years ago

Re: Key Leaves fixed the sticky key pads on my saxophone.

I also use Key Leaves! I started using them about a month ago and I just ordered a vent vine for my cannonball alto. I can't wait to try it. Have you checked it out? 

Reply To Post

1. by bigkev53
      (6 posts)

6 years ago

Yes, I use Key Leaves too and they do work as intended though somewhat expensive.  However I am very pleased with the result.  Very few sticky key issues now.

Reply To Post

2. by mgictwnger
    (46 posts)

6 years ago

I can't speak to this product's effictiveness, but at $25 on Amazon for what is baically a simple rubber strip I'm not going to try it.
    A simpler and cheaper solution that I've found is cleaning the pads with a product called "ultra suede", available for $5 - $6 on eBay for a sheet large enough to last a lifetime. You use it like the old folded dollar bill trick to clean your pads, and it works a lot better. 
    I picked this up from a YouTube video by an Army field band repair tech who has a series of repair videos with loads of great stuff.

Reply To Post