Saxophone Forum

by genuinerisk
(2 posts)
6 years ago

Seeking information . . .

Seeking information Hi. I recently sold my dad's gold vintage Selmer Cigar Cutter Super saxophone.
I was able to research it on the Internet, and after making a few calls, I sold it locally
for a decent price.

Now I have found a much smaller saxophone in its original Conn case.

I cannot find any information about it at all. It is tarnished, but I can make out on the bell
The Soloist Made Expressly for Conn Chicago Co USA. I do not see a serial number. I don't
if it is a Selmer made for Conn or what.

This nay have bern my dad's first saxophone, in which case it would be from the 1930s.
Can anyone give me any information on its history and value? I would like to sell it and have
no idea at what price to list it.

I have included photos. I took the photos on my dryer so you can get an idea of the size
of the instrument.

Thank you very much!!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
    (644 posts)

6 years ago

Re: Seeking information . . .

it looks to be a curved fixed neck soprano, probably b flat and keyed to high e flat.

The case is a conn. The horn, I cannot tell without picks from the other side. Look around the thumb rest for any serial number info.

It looks very primitive.

Good Luck

Reply To Post

2. by Catracer
    (6 posts)

6 years ago

It is very good, actually

Can i get an Amen?

Reply To Post

1. by genuinerisk
      (2 posts)

6 years ago

I forgot I had asked about this. I'm about to give it to a very talented young man who seems to be able to play anything. My dad's selmer cigae cutter was eirth $1000.00. Wondering if you think this sax is worth anything close to that?

Reply To Post

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
        (644 posts)

6 years ago

$650 or so. It depends on how much work it may need.

Reply To Post