Saxophone Forum

by rob07
(38 posts)
19 years ago

king zephyr

is this a good buy( i dont know how to add a link so cut and paste this) cgi.ebay.com/King-Zephyr-Alto-Saxophone_W0QQitemZ7339486059QQcategoryZ64454QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by rob07
    (38 posts)

19 years ago

Re: king zephyr

never mind the cut and paste, didnt know it made an automatic link

Reply To Post

1. by frasermanx
      (9 posts)

19 years ago

Yup .. depends if pads are good or marginal .. still $$ is likely to be $1k for a tenor $1.5K

Reply To Post

1. by rob07
        (38 posts)

19 years ago

connsaxman_jim what do you think.

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Looks like a nice horn. I really like the Zephyrs. I play a Zephyr baritone, and sometimes a King Super 20 tenor. You may need to replace a few pads and have it adjusted, but it's worth some money. I'd say if you can get it for less than $600, you got a great deal. I wouldn't spend too much more though. Maybe $750

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by jromain
          (20 posts)

19 years ago

FYI-I bought this horn (not based on this thread, by the way), and am returning to the seller due to terrible intonation. I have a great Zephyr tenor, and was hoping for same, but the setup was awful, with WAY too low key heights, and I didn't want to mess around with it. If you're still interested and want to hassle with it, I'm sure it will be posted again soon. Had a nice sound, but the pitch issues were too significant. Still searching for a great alto match for my 285K tenor...

Reply To Post