Saxophone Forum

by metallicaorion83
(4 posts)
19 years ago

Mouthpeice For 9th grade bari Player

Hello, I'm a 9th grade student and i was wanting to know some good mouthpeices that i could get that would help my tone and get a very Crunchie sound (Ronnie Cuber, Gerry Mulligan cross). I was either looking for a metal or a rubber. I like the sound of metal but i wanted to know if there was a rubber mouthpeice that had that same crunchie sound. I use vandoren ZZ 3's on bari... thanks for your help Matt

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Mouthpeice For 9th grade bari Player

Hi Matt. If you're playing your school's bari, I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a mouthpiece. Maybe if it's your own horn, but that's up to you. I use a cheap old Rico Royal Graftonite mouthpiece on my King Zephyr bari, and it has a really nice tone. It's a nice throaty sound. I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but the Graftonite pieces sell for about $22, and you'll pay a couple hundred for a good metal.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by barimachine
      (323 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Mouthpeice For 9th grade bari Player

o man the sound you want is not a. good b. do able both have good sounds but to mix that kind of sound wouldnt work what you really want is a piece that is able to play versitily

Reply To Post