Saxophone Forum

by LFR
(4 posts)
6 years ago

Information on saxophones to sell

Hi,

My son played in high school and college but we have three saxes that need to find a new home.  I just had them cleaned and adjusted, but would like some thoughts on how much they might be worth in a general range. 

1. Paris Selmer Alto Silver Mark VI with the extra note (?).  It is in very good condition for its age, serial number is M58543.  A stunning instrument.

2. Cannonball 1998 Copper Serial 101936.  It is in good playing condition, some pitting from sitting in the case for 16 years.

3. Paris Selmer Soprano E54649 in like new condition, painted version.

I live in the Bay Area near San Francisco.  I will take pictures and post once I can figure out how to do so, I am not the most computer literate.

I know the Silver Selmer is worth quite a bit but have no idea about the other two.

Regards,

LFR

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxquest
    (420 posts)

5 years ago

Re: Information on saxophones to sell

If you want to get top dollar you’ll have to market them nationally. The Selmer Mark VI is worth a good bit but they are difficult to sell with the extra key work. You may want to try consignment with a saxophone specialty shop. At Saxquest, we have an excellent consignment program and only charges a 10% consignment fee. We can also do necessary repairs if needed and offer a warranty to the buyer. Best of Luck!! 

http://www.saxquest.com/consign

Cheers, Mark Overton 

Reply To Post

2. by historicsaxwhisperer
    (644 posts)

5 years ago

Extra Key?

Extra KeyworK?

Are you referring to the High F sharp?

If that is the case, I have no idea why that would be "a negative" rather than "a plus".

Reply To Post

1. by GFC
      (842 posts)

5 years ago

Some players think the high F# key on the Mark VI buggers the intonation and response. 

A  1998 Cannonball could be a hard sell.  Cannonball's early reputation wasn't that great.

Reply To Post

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
        (644 posts)

5 years ago

I myself like the high F#.

If you still got the horn, Id be interested

Reply To Post