Saxophone Forum

by SaxAppeal
(67 posts)
19 years ago

Alexander Superial Classique Reeds

I need good classical/concert performance reeds. With The Vandoren Blue Box i can only get a few good reeds, and i hear alexander reeds give you almost all if not all good reeds in the tin. Anyone know about alexander and can give me info about the mfrom experience. Also - i have a Selmer SA80 Series II with a Selmer S80 C* mpc. For now I just need better reeds to finish it off :)

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by sax_maniac
    (984 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Alexander Superial Classique Reeds

Get yourself a 3 1/2 / Medium Hard Fibracell and stop wasting time fighting with cane. Wasn't clear which horn you were talking about (SATB?) If you're talking tenor, then maybe a 4 Fibracell instead of a 3 1/2 as the C* facing is pretty closed on tenor. Sorry - don't mean to start the cane vs. synthetic battle, but if consistency is your concern - you can't beat synthetic. And Fibracells play very well and cane-like in terms of fundamental sound. Once you sort out which strength is right for you, all you have to do is buy another one months and months down the road when the old one wears out and it will play like the last.

Reply To Post

1. by SaxAppeal
      (67 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Alexander Superial Classique Reeds

Oh sorry... Selmer Super Action 80 Series 2 Alto Sax. I play on 3 vandorens and i might be almost to 3.5 i tried them i can play on them its just alittle harder no pun intended. I want to try the Alexander Superials tho becuase, i believe tone quality goes down with fibracell.

Reply To Post