Saxophone Forum

by Tdove
(10 posts)
19 years ago

next information on vintage Buescher saxophone

I was looking to buy a vintage sax I saw on the internet. The seller didn't have much info and the pics weren't that great so I was wondering if anyone could help me out. It is a Buescher True Tone with serial number 226443. It says "The Buescher Elkhart, Ind." on the bell. Can Anyone tell me what year this horn was made? And what type of horn this is? It looks like a tenor but it could be a C Melody, like I said the pics aren't that good. Thank you for any info you might have.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: next information on vintage Buescher saxophone

It's a 1927 model Tru Tone. There should be a "C" engraved on the back near the serial number if it is a C Melody. The Bell on a C Melody comes up a little higher than a tenor, but in pictures it can be hard to tell. Ask the seller if there are any other numbers or letters near the serial number. You also want to make sure that it is low pitch. It should have either an "L" or "LP" engraved near the serial number/thumb rest.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by EL Seano
      (255 posts)

19 years ago

Hey dude if your interested I have a Buescher 400 (70s) tenor I wanna sell.

Reply To Post

2. by Tdove
      (10 posts)

19 years ago

That's for the help. I can't tell from the photos if it has a "C" engraved on the back or not. But I have a feeling it is a C Melody. Thanks again.

Reply To Post

1. by Dave Dix
        (421 posts)

19 years ago

Just look at the position of the low B key pad. If the lowest part is about level with the bell joint to elbow seam its a tenor Bb. If the key is about 2 inches higher its a C melody. True tones always have LOW PITCH stamped below the logo under the serial number and 1927 is a great year for t/tones Dave

Reply To Post