Saxophone Forum

by CJF
(3 posts)
6 years ago

Selmer Mark VI

My Dad recently died and his estate includes his beloved Paris Selmer Mark VI M122,***.  He played it well into his 80's, which was fantastic.  Unfortunately there are 5 children, so it has to be sold.  I would love to see it go to someone who really appreciates it, so I thought I would start on this site.  If you could give me an idea of its value and maybe even point me to someone who would love it, I would be very grateful.  We are in Oregon.  I have checked to be sure the serial numbers match on the neck and body and have enclosed a photo.  If it's inappropriate to ask this here, perhaps you could refer me to someone.  Thanks very much for your time!

Connie 

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
    (644 posts)

6 years ago

Re: Selmer Mark VI

Value is everything on price.

Its a 1964, i have one with the identical case.

6800 is a good Retail if it is original lacquer and not banged up too much.

check Saxquest inventory and Tenor Madness inventory.

Remember a 1000 upper end setup (pads, cork, working in perfect relation etc) is what you are comparing to on those sites.

There is a trading post here on this site. That will give you the option for lots of views and not a giant chrunk out in comission.

List locally on Craigslist, but expect people to want to come play it as opposed to meeting in a parking lot for a cash exchange.

Good Luck

Reply To Post

1. by CJF
      (3 posts)

6 years ago

Re: Selmer Mark VI

I really appreciate this reply.  You have definitely helped me.  That's wonderful that you have the same one.  You know how he felt then.

Thank you!

Reply To Post