Saxophone Forum

by jamterry
(573 posts)
19 years ago

Michael Brecker

I pray for Michael and hope that he will find a bone marrow donor. Michael is irreplaceable in the jazz world. I will play Coltrane's "india" tonight for him as a prayer.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by EL Seano
    (255 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Michael Brecker

I will play Part III: Pursuance for him as a prayer also

Reply To Post

1. by EL Seano
      (255 posts)

19 years ago

By the way Terry, have you heard Saxophone Summit's (including Mike the man himself) version of India? Phenonemol (agh can't spell it) its on the "gathering of Spirits" album.

Reply To Post

1. by jamterry
        (573 posts)

19 years ago

Hey Sean, I like Joe Lovano and Dave Liebman too. Saxophone Summit is a great group. They do a nice job on "India" I'm glad i finally got my own soprano. Michael is my generation. I was enrolled in Chicago Musical College and i messed up bad. I started jamming with everybody and i stop going to class. Next thing i know i was carrying a rifle on Vietnam. Then i went through heroin addiction and a few marriages. I really threw away my music. My sister hid my horns so that i couldn't sell them. She was my first piano teacher also. Michael Brecker brings back memories of my lost youth. I play better now then ever because i'm off of drugs. Nice to hear from you Sean :) Terry This was all happening before Michael played with Horace Silver. Where does the time go?

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ