Re: Conn ID Help
Actually CG Conn is Charles Gerard Conn, who was the founder of the Conn Company. Conn was sold to Carl Dimond Greenleaf in 1916 and the name was then changed to CG Conn Ltd. The Director's model horns and some of the later 6M's and 10M's were engraved with only CONN, or CONN USA instead of CG CONN. Many changes took place after Leland Greenleaf took over the company in 1959.
The N in the serial number would indicate 1970. Typically a Directors model that late would have the shooting stars engraving, but there were a lot of changes going on around that time. MacMillan purchased Conn in 1969 and moved production from Elkhart, IN to Nogales, AZ, and then Mexico.