Saxophone Forum

by cammes
(16 posts)
19 years ago

Information on Introduction Dance and Furioso by Herbert Couf

I will be performing this piece for a recital and can't seem to find any information on the composer Herbert Couf. I have been through so many serarch sites and still I can't seem to find anything about him. Any information at all will be helpful; When was the piece written. Why did he write it and anything alon those lines.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Information on Introduction Dance and Furioso by Herbert Couf

Isn't there a date on the music?

Reply To Post

1. by thejazztenor
      (1 post)

17 years ago

herbert couf is a hard man to get information on, so im afraid that there's not too much i can tell you about him. appearently Herbert Couf was the principal clarinetist for the DSO for a number of years and was a huge influence on john moses. he was also the president of the armstrong company for a number of years which today is a significant part of the conn-selmer company. as far as introduction goes, im not too sure of its history or what inspired herb to compose it. sry i wasnt of any help and i wish you luck!

Reply To Post

2. by Azsax
    (47 posts)

17 years ago

try the londiex book 150 years of the saxophone.

Reply To Post

3. by eslaqueen
    (1 post)

7 years ago

I'm going for area band on this section done I play an author 802 utilize a c* representative and composer 22s I trust I seem like this with regards to preparations.

https://dance-classes-houston.tumblr.com/post/163935393608/salsa-dancing-is-not-only-passionate-but-also

Reply To Post