Saxophone Forum

by Angela15
(1 post)
5 years ago

C.G. Conn Tenor Sax New Invention SN 25452 of 1913

Good morning.

My father recently bought a SaxTenore C.G. Conn, serial number 25452, probably "New Invention" model produced in the first few months of 1913. I'm trying to sell it but I'm not sure of the price range, I tried to document myself on the internet but the ratings are definitely too fluctuating, and however, I did not find many of the '10s, "New Invention".

I attach this link (I hope it is not against the forum rules) where you can view all the photos I have of the sax in question - 4 or 5 pages of photos, it is not a link to a sales site -:

http://s145.photobucket.com/user/tullio_s_quickrelease/library/LS_BIS/CG%20CONN%20OLD%20SAXOPHONE

The case is original of the time and shows in the upper part the inscription in letters printed in uppercase letters "Sanders Orchestra". Perhaps it is possible that this instrument belonged to a member of the historic "Coon-Sanders Original Nighththawk Orchestra"? Maybe the first letters of the word "Coon" have been covered by the application of a decal or better a newspaper or magazine advertising page glued to the custody with the words "Cunard Line to Europe"

The housing is lived but intact, has no splits and the green velvet lining is in excellent condition.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
    (644 posts)

5 years ago

Re: C.G. Conn Tenor Sax New Invention SN 25452 of 1913

These are very primitive saxophones.

Old does not mean valuable.

If you get 400 bucks for it you are doing very well.

Good Luck

Reply To Post

2. by OldTone
    (1 post)

2 years ago

Re: C.G. Conn Tenor Sax New Invention SN 25452 of 1913

Hi,
    Is this 1913 Conn "New Invention" tenor sax still available for sale?  

Thanks. 

Reply To Post